“If you build it – they will come”
Well that might be true of a baseball field but it’s not necessarily true of a blog or website. You may have the best site in the world with the most amazing products but if nobody knows about it you are simply whistling in the wind!
There are numerous methods of getting eyeballs on your blog. These are well documented but they include:
- Social Media
- Paid Advertising – Pay Per Click & Banner Ads
- Free Search Engine Listings
- Media – TV, Radio, Print
- Joint Ventures
…and the list goes on.
But mere traffic alone won’t cut it either!
Let’s say you have hundreds of visitors to your blog every day…. Great, you’d think! But if they simply visit and leave you aren’t doing business and your bank account is not getting any fatter!
Conversions are what count!
Traffic is great but converting those visitors to engaged prospects and then clients is what makes a profit.
Traffic + Conversions = $$
A ‘conversion’ can be anything from a visitor signing up for your free offer to them buying your product – it’s simply getting them to take a specific course of action that you want them to take. You are steering them into and then further down your funnel.
Your funnel simply guides your visitor to the next desired course of action:
- A visitor to your site takes the first course of action (clicks on your free offer, download or requests contact)
- Visitor is converted to a buyer (buys your product, joins your opportunity, etc.)
- Client is sold to over and over again (upsells, new products, higher price products, etc.)
How do you know how well you are doing?
Conversions are great! But you need to be able to replicate them over and over again. So you need to know which type of traffic converts best for your offers and products.
You know this by tracking every step of the process.
- What traffic sources work best?
- Where do your customers hang out?
- Is there a good time of day for them? When are they most responsive to you?
- Different traffic sources may well work better for different offers.
When you have data to refer to you can adjust things and track any improvement and then you can replicate that success over and over again.
And when that happens, you are no longer whistling in the wind but are laughing all the way to the bank!
If you need help with any aspect of your marketing funnel please click here to join me at a free webinar that will get you started.
Here’s to your online success,